Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mystery Jade Face


This mystery jade face was partly inspired by the Mystery Men Exhibition, a travelling exhibition on the Sanxindui Excavations on the lost bronze age civilization of China. I was so impressed by the fascinating faces and gold masks on Mystery Men's face that I came up with this mystery jade face and hope it looks just as mysterious !

As this picture was composed shortly after the dark days of my recent eye operations and so maybe I should name this piece , "Light of my Eyes" ! However Hans commented that the face looked a tad sad. On reflection, I have to agree that my post operation blues must have influenced it. And so perhaps it should really be called "Face of Depression"! Whatever... this face will be commemorative of that bleak time !

Well, after winning a small prize in the Mystery Men contest, along came a friend who said the title of this post should be Mystery Woman from Xinjiapo !
That's pretty appropriate and she makes a good companion to the Mystery Men !

1 comment:

  1. In fact when someone doesn't be aware of then its up to other people that they
    will assist, so here it takes place.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... Mansions at Acqualina Condo Sunny Isles 33160

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Favourite Books

  • Theft : a love story
  • The Uncommon Reader
  • The Silent Patient
  • Never Let me go
  • Angela's Angels
  • Where angels fear to tread