Friday, June 1, 2007

Carnelian, glass and crystal bracelet

Chilly, raspberry and ice these are some of my favourite things! No, I'm not talking about ingredients for a recipe but about the colors of my beads.The flat large hexagonal carnelian bead is chilly red while the smaller round beads are raspberry red. The 2 crystals give a nice icy contrast. So, chilly, raspberry and ice !
Got all these beads from varous parts of Vietnam.
Guess the flat carnelian and faceted crystal beads are ancient while the raspberry red round beads are only a few centuries old. The surface of the carnelian is worn with pits. To some critics this may be "rough" but to an addict like me its only just one of its "exquisite" charms !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Favourite Books

  • Theft : a love story
  • The Uncommon Reader
  • The Silent Patient
  • Never Let me go
  • Angela's Angels
  • Where angels fear to tread