Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Amazing Faces of Zhulong





My talented friend Maddy designed this lovely necklace featuring a crystal zhulong as a centrepiece. She allowed me to take this picture to post on my blog for all zhulong admirers/fans. We put our heads together but still could not figure out the exact vintage of this particular piece. We just know that its a little old but definitely NOT as old as Hongshan. The supporting beads of turquoise, amber and coral give this necklace a Tibetan cast as these are the stone colors most often seen on Tibetan jewellery.

Here's a closeup :


With so much zhulongmania around, I too have finally gotten hold of a FAKE crystal zhulong, shown below. Wa, it sure looks ferocious and wild compared to Maddy's more genteel piece. I have a very bad eye that always sees wrong things, here I am about to make another strange sighting. Surely the zhulong shown here is looking like someone's grandma !! It brings to mind the famous exclamation, "... goodness, what big eyes you have grandma ?".... Hmmm, so is this a pig, a dragon or a grandma :)))


Apologies to the true and original zhulong which is a rare work of art. What I am really hoping, is that one day I will have the chance to hold it in the palms of my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Favourite Books

  • Theft : a love story
  • The Uncommon Reader
  • The Silent Patient
  • Never Let me go
  • Angela's Angels
  • Where angels fear to tread