Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy 2008 !

I spent a few happy hours on New Year's Day, 2008 looking through my bead box to come up with this necklace of agates, shell, and old glass.


Can't confirm whether the beads are ancient or replica but I have a strong suspicion that some of the agates, at least, have been made for the fake antiquities market. Only certain that the old red glass are genuine old. Might add that, had I seen this necklace displayed in an antiques shop, I would have been fooled and the moral of this tale is the tricky path we inexperienced collectors' tread. Anyway it is a handsome looking necklace to ring in 2008 !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Favourite Books

  • Theft : a love story
  • The Uncommon Reader
  • The Silent Patient
  • Never Let me go
  • Angela's Angels
  • Where angels fear to tread