Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Chinese Lunar New Year of the Rooster 2017

 
Cock a doodle dooo....
here come the Roosters....
  
 I am not a collector of roosters and don't have many rooster artefacts in my collection to crow about. Still I manage to dig up this ancient clay rooster from a bygone age (Han times likely) to welcome the Year of the Rooster 2017


2000 year old Han dynasty clay rooster


And from my treasure chest of miscellaneous items I salvaged these 5 antique jade rooster figurines. Each rooster is perforated vertically and must have been carved for making dangles.
 
Antique jade roosters.


I have grouped them together for this  auspicious display to usher in  the New Year.
 
 
A family of roosters to greet the Lunar New Year

And just for laughs,  here is an impressionistic look at my rooster display :)
 
Impressionistic art ? :)
 
Lastly Mr God of Wealth, Cai Shen Ye  is here to give a tip to lucky punters, who can spot the numbers :)

Can you spot the lucky numbers ?




Happy Lunar New Year of the Rooster!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Favourite Books

  • Theft : a love story
  • The Uncommon Reader
  • The Silent Patient
  • Never Let me go
  • Angela's Angels
  • Where angels fear to tread